Noob question: Small triples or doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go talk to someone at a dive shop about this, hopefully they'll slap the stupidity out of you and sell you what you need, 1 tank.

I take it you have never been diving with a properly set up rig of small doubles or tripples.:D

Ron

I am willing to bet on that one. :D

I bought a set of near mint condition twin 30's for the pair of 30's to use as deco bottles.

Consequently I still have the like new USD twin manifold and the spacer designed to go between the two tanks.

30's and 40's are the same diameter so it would work equally well for twin 40's. THe way the mainfold and spacer are designed, the set wil strap to a regular BC or a hardpack with a normal cam band. I did have to dive the arrangement before dissassmbling just to see how it felt and they are both light and low profile and were well balanced.

If you are interested we could possibly work out a deal.

A set of triple 30's would be cool just to have and use them with one of my double hose regs.

Do you still have the manifold? I am interested.

By the way, the Luxfur 30s that the manifold was designed for are .43" smaller than the Catalina 30's or either brand of 40s. The Catalina 30s or any 40s just won't fit. The Luxfur 30s or any smaller tanks are the only ones that will fit.Thanks,

if you can find a set of twin 30's, buy them. They are best small set of tanks I have dove with. Because of their shape and low drag, I can dive with them as if they were an 80 . If youy find two sets CALL ME.

Joseph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom