Noob in cold waters searching for answers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally, Ive talked about the DR reg to my diving-teacher (all geared up on poseidon and scubapro). And he said that it is not ready for cold water, yes cold but not as cold as here. He said that a MK25 can freeze up, so why wouldnt a DR with ICE kit freeze?
I think Ill keep money on the side and buy myseld a Scubapro set Mk25af/S600orX650
or a Apeks set on internet. Depends. Thank anyways guys. With this thread ive seen the many posibilities.

Divin'Hoosier:
I'd recommend that you take a look at the Dive Rite RG2500 with the ICE upgrade.

Have to agree. I've used it very deep, very cold, and even on ice dives. No problems and it breaths well. Good price too. Don't forget to get the enviro (ice) kit installed.

My two cents...

I just ordered Oceanic Delta 4's for my wife & I. We talked to three shops around Toronto and this came out on top. If I remember, lifetime warranty. Nice feel. Swivel Octo. Nice gauge package (analog). Cost Cdn $1000.

No idea what it like in the water but I can let you know after Easter....

Seraphimx:
I think Ill keep money on the side and buy myseld a Scubapro set Mk25af/S600orX650
or a Apeks .

I just finished my Ice Diver Course this weekend and my SP Mk25/S600 gave me nothing but trouble with Freeflows(not minor ones) on Saturday. My LDS suspects it's the S600 2nd Stage. I used a Sherwood Blizzard setup on Sunday and had no problems at all on a 40 minute Dive. The Divers using Apeks had no problems at all that I noticed.

Just my 2 cents also.

Actually I'm in the same boat as you! I live in Quebec city. I've been In Escoumins free flow under 100ft not really funny. I'm looking for same thing a Top of the line (or close) regulator good enough
< for cold water. Will try Ice diving so ..

Dont forget that you will keep these reg for at least 8-10 yrs or more what is 200 $$ more. What is 600-800 $ for something you will use as long.

Did not look at Dive rite will do. But for now after hours of searching and reading I should buy a APEKS XTX-200 witch replace the ATX line.

Question. Does APEKS is the top line of Aqualung like Honda and Acura ??

About life time service. Here, the price is so high that you pay for that. Things are never free!! Buying online ( from authorized dealer of course ) is the same thing the difference of price is almost the annual service 30$ x 10 yrs = 300$. In my case I save 500 $$ about XTX vs my LDS.

This is what I'm trying to do get the price from Leisurepro and purchase my stuff at scubastore.com they're in Spain but the shipping is free for computers and regulators (not the octo :( so I take the combo XTX-200 + XTX-50 shipping is free!

Nous allons peut-etre nous voir cet été, qui sais sans se reconnaitre lol .:D

Finally, after much reflection and looking in the web. I bought my set at www.divesports.com located in Alabama. They shipped it to my cousin who lives in Florida and he'll come here soon.

I bought a Apeks XTX200 with XTX40 Octo, Inflation hose and TUSA gauge for
711US$. Its around 830 CND$. It got lifetime warranty and costs about 75$ more than the Dive-Rite, and is way above the Dive-Rite in terms of performance, as I have heard.

Thanks all for your help!

As you know I did same thing same store same combo but I got it for 550. I bought 3 of these.. Still waiting the delivery, stupid custom :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom