Non-bias Flower Gardens review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still find it hard to believe there weren't any extra tanks on board, and even harder that the captain and crew didn't make it right.

agreed.

i've been out there many, many times as a trip leader and a paying customer and never left home without my save-a-dive kit for me and the customers from the shop i represented.

and you're correct, the crew was always willing to make things work as well.

I have to echo what other have said. I can't imagine that a crew member, captain, DM or dive leaders on board would have not jumped on this and found a solution. It does seem there is some missing information or I just do not fully understand...

Layne

Maybe the poster was referring to the valve to cylinder o-ring.....still would not explain the statement of lack of cylinders or assistance once the problem was pointed out to the crew. I even carry those o-rings for field swap outs if ness..

Hmmm...I haven't had anything but great experiences at the FG. The crew has always been super helpful and attentive. I'd be interested to hear more details about this particular situation and, because they are so focused on customer satisfaction, I bet anyone associated with Gulf Diving LLC would be too.

The shop DM, boat DM and captain all knew of it, but I finally got a tank when we had to lift a diver off for getting bent. No one secured his gear, and then separated it. I used that tank to finally get a dive over 20 minutes.

I pointed out the problem before leaving the dock, in the first morning, and before EVERY dive.

Seemed that no one felt it was their issue.

This is the part that is really concerning however. Someone got bent then their gear was not kept together and the tank was even given to another diver to use. If true, that would be a problem for me...

I even carry those o-rings for field swap outs if ness..

As do I. I can't imagine making a dive out there with a leaking tank especially as an instructor/ course director and not demanding it be fixed if I did not have the o-rings I needed with me. Sorry Pearldivers you post does not make sense??

Layne

I don't know about the Fling but the Spree didn't have any bent divers evacuated last year so maybe he is talking about something that happened several years ago, possibly before he was an instructor or even an experienced diver?

I don't know about the Fling but the Spree didn't have any bent divers evacuated last year so maybe he is talking about something that happened several years ago, possibly before he was an instructor or even an experienced diver?

There was an older gentleman evacuated off the Fling last July by helicopter who was bent. I don't remember the other problems though, in fact I don't think he was diving nitrox.

come in pearldiver.

and why does my avatar have a burning chicken on it?

it's cool! i like it.

Because April Fool's Day has arrived in Asia and Australia.

Back
Top Bottom