Nomad JT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use some bicycle inner tube to secure the inflator to your chest strap. It will keep it in the same place all the time and you should still be able to orally inflate. Additional weight will have to go on your waist with the JT. There just isn't anywhere else for it like with the XT.

"There just isn't anywhere else for it like with the XT."

-please explain... (additional weight)

"There just isn't anywhere else for it like with the XT."

-please explain the difference...

You can attach the weight plate onto the XT. You can't do that with the JT.

Dove the JT today in Lake superior. I ended up using my ditchable weight pockets from my Halcyon eclipse. I also added two 3 lb weights to inside of the BC with bungees. I also used two three pounders on my tanks at the bottom end. My tanks are aluminum 80's and were floating previously.

I am diving wet with 14mm of rubber so I need the weight.

My experience with the BC was really good. I loved the feel and everything seemed to be in the right place. The top dump needs a bigger knob on it, other than that pretty happy. I am using the bungee system from cave adventurers and my tanks did not move.

The dive was a shallow wreck dive that lasted 80 minutes.

I am loving sm. I also have all my hose issues sorted out and everything works and sits exactly where it should.

The next move is to come up with a weight plate for inside the BC. I am planning on getting about 10 pounds mounted to it. I am going to probably cast a lead plate and rubber coat it. There are quite a few options to connect it to the inside of the BC. I will post some photos once i get it together.

Stano

14mm!?

Anything over 7mm, and I'm in a dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom