Nomad JT or Bogaerts Razor 2 system??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I was overweighted then(much earlier in my cave diving career)? I'm not overweighted now, I have adaquate lift with redundancy at this point.

Feel free to cast the first stone if you've done no wrong :wink:

..or you can continue to divert the topic.

drysuit.. and most likely standard al80's. cold water, and for now primary tanks only.. possibly 1 deco bottle

Either kit will do you fine and pick whichever you like better. Of course the best option is to try both before buying but we know the reality is that isn't always possible. I personally own the Razor2 and love it. The JT looks like a fine piece of kit. I dive with AL80's in a 1.5mm suit and normally have one or two 7L aluminum stages. With that being said, I have yet to put any air into the wing when diving with the AL80's alone. With additional stages it's needed. I also have 2KG of weight attached to the Razor which I don't take off when using the stage bottles. When fully inflated the Razor is somewhat tall, show me something that provides 40 pounds of lift and basically sits in your lower back that's not going to be tall. There's only so much room there without going into your sides or upper back.

Something else that I think is worth mentioning is the Razor's wing has a redundant bladder while the JT does not. Not sure if this is important to you, it was to me. Majority of my diving is done locally inside the Zenobia wreck (137fsw). Sharp rusty metal....small passages....you catch my drift.

Travel size consideration might be important to you as well. Again something that was for me. The Razor packs small and is light. Looking at photos of the JT I'd say considerably smaller than the JT, however not having them sidebyside it's hard to say for sure.

Seb--
Sebstandard Photography's Photos | SmugMug

Very True. Thanks for your input, all options considered it sounds like the Razor is the best way to go.

The bat wing is a hot air balloon ... has a bulky profile ....
The razor was a beautiful insight, the bat wing has cleared everything.

20 liters of thrust are certainly many, useless and dangerous in open water ... fill a lot of air without internal retentions I find very little comfortable.

In addition, the anchor with only two bolts and a rubber band on your stomach is a osoleto. I was expecting something better.

I wonder why there is no picture visible in profile with only 10 liters of air ...

Last edited:
Finaly sidemountman, where have you been, this needs more sides to this, Cause I got nothing.

Also how is your SM rig coming along.

Hi VoodooGasMan.... my sidemount system is ready.

sorry, but I can't understand what you mean in your last message.... Thanks!

Steve Bogaerts using a drysuit and steel tanks

Dry suit and Steel tanks? It can be done . . .

Techwise Tales: Dry suit and Steel tanks? It can be done . . .

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

Sidemountman, you are one that has tested and dives sidemount, the discussion is over how to dive, wich tanks, wet, dry, wing size, overall I dive different wings twin tank and see my answers I know when dive dry, wet, steel, aluminum. Now I have dove side mount with my trans pac, but these guys are into sidemount wing, you have given me info on previous threads that makes me know you have good insight on configurations. Myself I like yours as it has a movable dump hose.

Thats all.

Steve Bogaerts using a drysuit and steel tanks

Dry suit and Steel tanks? It can be done . . .

what sense does it use the dry suit with a wing of 45 lb? If you need a boost so high means that you're doing something wrong. drysuit and two steel cylinders is much easier to manage sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom