noise maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair warning: I may not like perfectly nice people that when wet transform into noismaking nuisances all that much. I can live with them just fine afterward, but would really wish they could be convinced to drop the annoying habit.... or go to a waterpark instead..., ... Some thoughts:

If it's an actual, real emergency, I would think that either working the emergency or swimming to the buddy might be more productive then a noise maker. Yes, you could get tangle yourself up in a fishing net. Try not to, but if you really do, allright, make noise... but otherwise, why? Why oh why?

If you are diving with a buddy that actually is one and just must have his / her attention, pinch him /her touch the shoulder, calf, anything inbetween,... but why noise?

If you are same ocean buddies and were not giving each other attention to begin with, why does noise have to precede a temporary change of heart? Or what is so much more important in what you just noticed than in what your buddy swam away from you for in the first place?

If you need my octo, take it or take my primary, no need to make a racket first... Be prepared to get asked at the surface so as to how come that need arose.

Herding cats underwater? OK, use that noisemaker around the training platform. Yeah OK, and on your regular training reef patch if you absolutely must. Make whatever noise you think you cannot live without as instructor / DM there. But then drop the habit when you bring your cats transformed into divers elsewhere. Please...

If you're in some museum and you quietly talk to the person next to you, that's one thing. Would you holler across the room or hallways "hey come over here look at this painting I am looking at right now, immidiately, this second, because it's so much more rectangular than the one you are looking at"?

If not, then why would you use a noise maker underwater?

Are you a believing person maybe? Would you believe the reef is my church? (One of them anyway and I suspect I am not alone in ... in some way... feeling that way) Could you keep the noise down ... please... especially if serves no actual purpose anyway?

Do none of these thoughts have any effect?
How about this:
Why settle for merely annoying, 1, 5 or 15 divers at a time with your loud communication needs underwater? Take pictures or video, silently. Ascend, use youtube, facebook or even scubaboard. You have the opportunity to annoy thousands :wink: ... worldwide ... so much more efficient!

Sufficiently annoyed?

Sorry.
No, not really.

Last edited:
This is the noise maker my husband and I use under water. We like them because they are small, compact, and the magnet keeps the ball from making any unnecessary noise. We very rarely use them, and when we do need to get each other's attention, they are easily accessible because they are clipped to a nearby D-ring.

XS Scuba Rattle Stick with Clip

Fair warning: I may not like perfectly nice people that when wet transform into noismaking nuisances all that much.

It's perfectly acceptable to immediately hate another person if they use a noisemaker underwater. People who have loud ringing cell phones and or use speakerphones in public? Yes, they are worse than underwater noisemakers.

No noise is welcomed under. But there has always been one of these in my BC pocket. Call 'party clickers' as 'attention getters' Discard when rusted, $1 a dozen, no complications, and works.

12X-Round-font-b-Clicker-b-font-Noisemaker-Novelty-Birthday-font-b-Party-b-font-Favors.jpg

Back
Top Bottom