noise maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I'm the type of person that admires the silence of being in the ocean. There's nothing worse than when you're gliding alongside a wall then all of the sudden you hear ping-ping-ping-ping sound. Kind of ruins the mood if you ask me.

Banging the diver's head against my tank when they are abusing their noisemaker works pretty well. Definitely gets their attention. :wink:

Thankfully most only use it for unique/hard to find critters or when someone missed a turn around signal. Disliked the quacking ones, but the clank shaker seemed to work well as it felt a little easier to identify direction of the sound

I use a rattle, but only recently. Bought one for the wife and one for myself, we only use them when one of the the newly certified kids drifts off more than a few kicks and doesn't seem to be minding the squad to well. Hopefully we will retire them soon, and repurpose them as baby rattles 15-20 years down the road.

(Edited for premature posting)

Last edited:
I carry this one with a single ball, and when I want someones attention, theres a single 'tink' 'tink' rather than "TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK"

H2YO Underwater Noisemaker Rattle

I've got a dive buddy who uses a dive alert attached to his inflator hose. Sounds like a duck under the water and I pretty much always know it's him if I hear it.

If I was you I would get an air horn and greet him with it first thing at 6am on dive trips for using that damn quacker. For extra bonus points, place some legos right next to his bed near his feet.

If I was you I would get an air horn and greet him with it first thing at 6am on dive trips for using that damn quacker. For extra bonus points, place some legos right next to his bed near his feet.

HAHA! YES!

Noisemakers succeed only at pissing off every other diver in the water....even your buddy.

the double enders don't seem to work that great for me in cold water as my buddies always never seem to be able to hear it with their hoods on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom