No work on Good Friday......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750:
I have the day off to. I would be up for a dive. I live only 15 min away. Let me know if you plan to go and I will be there.

I might take you up on that. I'm trying to get my wife to join me but she's not sure she can take the day yet. Either way, I hope to be there. Not sure how she feels about be diving with an insta-buddy because I've always dived with her or other mutual friends, but she'll just have to get over it. I'll let you know... hopefully by tomorrow noon.

pcornell:
If you don't have to work and you will be able to go diving.........doesn't that make it great Friday? (as opposed to just good)

Actually we are going to Blue Lagoon on Saturday; there will be 4 divers in our group if anyone is going.

Ummm, we'll not actually Great Friday. Great Friday would have be diving blue water on Friday. :D

Sure would like to join ya'll at Blue Lagoon but I think we have other plans.

BillT5:
The Spree is running a special this weekend!! I'm signed up and need dive partner. Book directly online at www.spreeexpeditions.com, pick the April tab, and click on the Seaspace special trip.

Man, does that sound great! Wish I could but again, other plans are interfering.

soudan:
has anyone gone diving at "288 lake"
its off of Cullen close to beltway-8
they only open on the weekend, so i never got to dive there!! i don't even know if they got a phone # i went there a couple of times to try to dive but they were always closed till i found a guy mowing the grass and asked him if they open at all, and he told me about the weekend thing... let me know if any one of you dove there!

No and their website sure sucks when I comes to information. http://www.288lake.com/index.htm It looks like they don't open until this Sunday anyway. Don't they know divers here like to get diving by the end of February?

soudan:
has anyone gone diving at "288 lake"
its off of Cullen close to beltway-8
they only open on the weekend, so i never got to dive there!! i don't even know if they got a phone # i went there a couple of times to try to dive but they were always closed till i found a guy mowing the grass and asked him if they open at all, and he told me about the weekend thing... let me know if any one of you dove there!
I used to dive it regularly, about 20 years ago. I was an instructor at The Ocean Corporation and we took our commercial air classes there for rigging and lifting. Later in the course, we would take welding/cutting classes out there to cut away on some old cars that were in the lake.

At that time there was an old school bus in the lake; we used to "salvage" it (raise it) and move it around the lake for practice.

Since that time, I think it has opened and closed several times. I know at that time, it wasn't much to speak of and the vis was not good. We were in there on the bottom though. I'd like to check it out sometime, just to see what's changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom