No work on Good Friday......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
sounds like a good day to go diving. Anyone else up for some diving in the Houston area? Thinking about heading down to TL. I've never been before... what the word on diving there?

Yeah, TL=Twin Lakes. Sorry, thought that was the popular nomenclature here.

Actually, upon further review, it doesn't look as if they're gonna open until 2 pm and I was planning to get in a few AM dives. To make matters worse, it doesn't look like BL (Blue Lagoon) is open at all. So without trekking across the state, maybe I won't be diving on Friday after all. :(

Correction! Called Twin Lakes and they're planning to open on Friday at 10 AM and they were willing to open earlier if needed. So I guess I'm back on for TL on Friday. Anyone else? Now I just need the rain to hold out until then. :pray:

I have the day off to. I would be up for a dive. I live only 15 min away. Let me know if you plan to go and I will be there.

driftin' by:
sounds like a good day to go diving. Anyone else up for some diving in the Houston area? Thinking about heading down to TL. I've never been before... what the word on diving there?
If you don't have to work and you will be able to go diving.........doesn't that make it great Friday? (as opposed to just good) :D

Actually we are going to Blue Lagoon on Saturday; there will be 4 divers in our group if anyone is going.

has anyone gone diving at "288 lake"
its off of Cullen close to beltway-8
they only open on the weekend, so i never got to dive there!! i don't even know if they got a phone # i went there a couple of times to try to dive but they were always closed till i found a guy mowing the grass and asked him if they open at all, and he told me about the weekend thing... let me know if any one of you dove there!

The Spree is running a special this weekend!! I'm signed up and need dive partner. :D Book directly online at www.spreeexpeditions.com, pick the April tab, and click on the Seaspace special trip.

From Wookie:

Well, this spring has sucked for weather, and I have more people booked than I can take offshore. To ease the pressure, we are adding a weekend dive trip for easter weekend. If the weather cooperates, we will run a standard Friday night departure, Saturday Sunday two day Flower Gardens trip. To make the trip a little sweeter, we will offer the trip at $500 instead of the standard $550 price for a weekend trip. I expect the hammerheads are still there, but the tigers have probably left, although we like to through CHUM in the water to attract them, you know. I hope to see you out there, and stop by our Sea Space booth to say hi.

Frank

Can't beet a deal like this!!

I dove at the "288" lake one time last year. I think it is called TIKI lake. About the same as Twin lakes except shallower. Vis was poor, but that was expected. Id rather go to twin lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom