No Night Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh - so because it's a private boat the night dives are permitted - is that what your "private guide" told you?

FYI - night dives are still prohibited.
Are night dives on paradise prohibited now, or is the port simply closed thus prohibiting night dives because boats cannot get out?

I just arrived back in San Miguel.

That there is illegal fishing going on in the park? What exactly does that have to do with diving? Or maybe diving is closed because the HM is covering for the illegal fishing and doesn't want any witnesses to it.

I doubt that would ever happen in Mexico, the home of the reef protection tourist tax bracelets demonstrating their dedication to reef preservation.

I doubt that would ever happen in Mexico, the home of the reef protection tourist tax bracelets demonstrating their dedication to reef preservation.
A tax proves dedication? Where are you from?

10 days back I noticed a reduction in snapper and other larger fish the closer I got to town.

Given the location of restaurants I'd have thought you see an increase in the number of larger fish the closer you got to town, admittedly lying on platters of one sort or another.

Ok that makes sense.. Well that suck I was really looking forward to getting my daughter her first night dive in Cozumel

With the locals fishing it out, your daughter ain't missing much.

We just drove by Scuba Club 30 minutes ago. Gate was open and there was lots of activity. The shuttle driver said Scuba Club is open.

I'm hoping he's right. We had reservations for August 1 - 22 to stay at SCC but have moved them to November.

Not sure what you seen or what your driver was referencing - Scuba Club is closed with no reopening date planned per the lady I spoke with a few days ago and the security guard I just spoke with, per him “maybe next year”.

This island is worse than a bunch of little old ladies at the grocery store (no offense meant, I love little old ladies!!) - rumors, rumors and more rumors.

Scuba Club is a pretty unique property and I’m sure it’ll reopen at some point - they are reporting just a 21% occupancy in all the hotels currently open on the island, I’m sure the few that aren’t open yet aren’t open for reasons related to that.

Attachments

• 09EF93E6-1428-4D98-AAB5-947197993DFC.jpeg
    09EF93E6-1428-4D98-AAB5-947197993DFC.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 56

Back
Top Bottom