No more Magic Island diving due to paddleboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you know cuddlefish i started not to even address the comment you made but i dont want you to feel left out so here you go:

At least one dive shop in Kona has done a clean-up every year for the last 15 years or so. And you don't have to invite a news crew and brag about it for it to make a positive impact on the environment and the community. Though it would certainly let the public know that we care!

i guess if your someone who thinks like that naturally you would think everyone else would. im glad im not one of them. the point of the media is to draw attention to the problem. you can tell someone there is a problem but if they see it if you shove it under their nose then they cant say they didnt know.you use the media to help you get the message out.you use the media to help draw public support. the media is the tool by which you can spread awareness. keeping the problem in the publics view. so it is not so easily forgotten. I dont sugar coat whats on my mind and i say what i feel and dont really care if a person likes it or not .

I agree with your view of media attention. It is very important.

Back
Top Bottom