No manta, Yes mola, in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pains

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just come from Bali. Diving in Bali was great and beyond my expectation. We saw Mola Mola at crystal bay but it was too far to see in detail. The water temperature at crystal bay was very low, between 19 ~ 22℃ but other points were okay. It was tropical.

And they say that there is no manta. Mantas have gone since 1 month ago and nobody knows why. If you really want to see manta check it before you leave.

Exactly where and who (what outfit) did you dive with?

We dove with Baliscuba at Crystal bay, Nusa Penida. We did not go Manta point because there is no manta these days.

We were too late to see mantas. Anyway they say it's strange that all manta has gone without reason. I hope they come back.

thanks for the update... Will be in Bali a week from now... Guess I'll shift more of my diving to Tulamben... :wink:

Just curious -- what were the dates you were there? I just got back from Bali myself, and there were at least a dozen Mantas at Manta Point. We saw them near the surface from the boat before we were even in the water! Then when we dropped down, we saw several at very close range, and more off in the distance. This was on Sept. 17.

If they've disappeared, this must be a very recent development.

We were there end of september. We did not visit manta point because they said there is no manta.

We were there end of september. We did not visit manta point because they said there is no manta.

Well that's a shame, because they were certainly there on the 17th. I'm glad you got to see Mola Mola, at least...which I DIDN'T get to see!

Back
Top Bottom