No - I haven't moved away yet but....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whew!!! I am exhausted!
My house sold unexpectedly and the buyers wanted a quick closing. Since we haven't bought a new house yet up in the Carolinas we had to find some local digs.

Monday we moved our "necessities" (dive gear of course) into a condo in downtown Hollywood. Tuesday and Wednesday we watched the rest of our world get boxed up and put into storage. I still have to go sit on my old patio with a big marguarita and have a long cry about leaving my home but I'm not quite there yet.

So if anyone was wondering what happened to me - there's the story. That and working long hours! Its convention season again and I am booked until May 30th which is my official depart date.

I'll keep you all informed of the house hunting process. Hopefully, I'll be able to host some Cooper River trips or diving in the local lakes and quarries. But you won't be rid of me entirely. The plan is to open a Scuba School and hold all the cert dives down here or in the keys.

Meanwhile I have my fingers crossed for good weather the next couple weeks. I have a day or two off and hope to get in the water.

Once a Conch - always a Conch!!

Y'know, if you took the rum tote up north with you,
you'd still retain that South Floriduh Conch feel (and smell). :wink:

Weah! Sad to see you up and leave.
Maybe come down and visit us in Panama in the future.

1,000 people a day are moving to Florida, what they don't tell you is that 700 a day are leaving the sunshine state. In the not too distant future we might be one of them. Going south though... Panama.. Better diving then Carolina!
m

Hey Renee, when you start your trek north look me up. I live only three miles off the interstate just before Georgia. I've got plenty of room if you need a short lay over.
back 40

Sea Dragon:
1,000 people a day are moving to Florida, what they don't tell you is that 700 a day are leaving the sunshine state.

They even have a name for them: Halfbacks
They move down here from up north and then move halfway back.

Where in the Carolinas?

I may have to "borrow" the rum tote to get me through the trauma! No guarantees that it will come back! LOL

Colin - Yup - Wilma decided it for hubby. He is dragging me away kicking and screaming. The tradeoff is that he will let me take a shot at making diving my profession instead of just a hobby.

back40 - thanks for the invite! Think we have decided to do a straight run up since our cars will be loaded with stuff. But maybe on one of the trips back south I'll have to drop in.

Rich - looking at the Columbia area. Did some research and it meets enough of our requirements. Weather, airport (husband travels), not to far from ocean. But I'll have to come north to dive some of your wrecks.

Well miss ya, all my friends are becoming half backs

Renee, I will really miss diving with you...but the gret thing about ScubaBoard is that whenever you are coming down, you can post it and we can dive with you again!!

Best of luck...I can't imagine ever leaving SoFla and neither can my boyfriend. But it seems most of our friends are headed north. I told him that if we want to see ANY of our friends after we retire, we will have to drive to another state to do it. Enjoy, the Carolinas are beautiful and the people are so sweet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom