no hydro for 10+ years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, if you do have an old tank serviced & it passes VIP & hydro, get the valve serviced while you're at it. The O rings in them don't last forever, and a few bucks while it's in the shop can save a dive later.

I get my valves serviced every hydro. If I buy a used tank, I have the valves serviced at the next VIP. Cheap insurance.

I just picked up a couple of old old steel 72's "way outta hydro" for less money than a movie ticket.

They passed just fine :)

kidspot:
...its been 5 weeks so far...
5 weeks!?!?! I drop mine off in the morning and pick them up that afternoon, maybe the next day if they're really busy!

Did you go through a dive shop or did you deal with the hydro facility directly? If I remember there's some DOT-certified testers on Maui...

Roak

all4scuba05 - I noticed you are from CT. Check out www.bargainnews.com. This might give you another choice over ebay. Dive Equipment usually shows up in the sporting goods - watersports. Mixed in with the jetskis.

Like the others who responded, I have picked up tanks with more than 10 yrs since last hydro. As long as there is some air in the tank, you should be fine. If there is no air, assume the valve needs replacing. then , price the valve and adjust your price accordingly.

Happy Shopping - Tom

Good Luck - Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom