No Fossiling for Scuba_Dad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
As much as I wanted to take the kids fossiling this weekend, it's not going to happen. My back went out on me about 3 weeks ago, and I was hoping I'd be back in shape by now. Well.... I got the results from the MRI yesterday, and it's not good. I blew a disc in the worst possible direction... straight back into the nerves... So on Wednesday, the doc is going to cut out the section of blown out disc. Ouch!!! Of course, my first question was.... "When can I go diving again?" He said probably 6 weeks. So... I guess the water will be warm by the time I can get wet again.

Oh... the doc said I'll only be in the hospital overnight... so... I won't be offline long...

Have fun this weekend.... I'll be there in spirit..

Al

Hye Al, We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you'll have a quick and pain free recovery. We'll miss you there this weekend!

Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Cheers,
Vickie

Geez...this getting old stuff isn't all that much fun, especially when people who want to show their kids a fossil just bring them by me...

Tom Winters:
Geez...this getting old stuff isn't all that much fun, especially when people who want to show their kids a fossil just bring them by me...

The bad part is I was tying my shoe while sitting on my bed when my back went out. I was having back pains for about 2 weeks prior to the disc popping, and it was starting to feel a lot better. I was planning on taking an Open Water student out that weekend... That put a kink in his certification. The good thing is the water will be warmer when I'm cleared to dive again.

I'm sure there will be another opportunity to go fossiling again...

Al

Scuba_Dad:
The bad part is I was tying my shoe while sitting on my bed when my back went out. I was having back pains for about 2 weeks prior to the disc popping, and it was starting to feel a lot better. I was planning on taking an Open Water student out that weekend... That put a kink in his certification. The good thing is the water will be warmer when I'm cleared to dive again.

I'm sure there will be another opportunity to go fossiling again...

Al

Well, I was sort of curious when I stopped by and saw all those stacks of shingles on the roof...

Means you probably have to put that off, also :<)

Jeff

Just checking on ya Al.... Hoping your medicated and resting, please keep us updated.. Missed ya'll this weekend

diver doh:
Well, I was sort of curious when I stopped by and saw all those stacks of shingles on the roof...

Means you probably have to put that off, also :<)

Jeff

There's no way I'd climb up on that roof. I hired someone to do the work. I'm waiting for my turn in the queue to get the shingles put on. The good thing is... I have my shingles... Also... I bought the 130MPH shingles... so... we shouldn't see a storm in a long... long... time. That's what happened when I bought my generator. I bought it after Erin came through... and it took several years before Irene came through. My generator sure got a workout this year....

Al

Scuba_Dad:
There's no way I'd climb up on that roof. I hired someone to do the work. I'm waiting for my turn in the queue to get the shingles put on. The good thing is... I have my shingles... Also... I bought the 130MPH shingles... so... we shouldn't see a storm in a long... long... time. That's what happened when I bought my generator. I bought it after Erin came through... and it took several years before Irene came through. My generator sure got a workout this year....

Al

Yea, that looked like a pretty nasty pitch on that roof.

Having had a total knee replacemnet, I really don't do roofs anymore myself, unless its a pretty moderate pitch.

I hope that everything goes well for you and that your recovery is quick.

Is this being done as day surgery?

baitedstorm:
Just checking on ya Al.... Hoping your medicated and resting, please keep us updated.. Missed ya'll this weekend

My only medication right now is a couple of glasses of wine. Probably my last until after the surgery on Wednesday. I have been taking it easy, though...

Yup! I missed y'all, too. Jack and I were looking forward to going...

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom