NJ/NY Wreck Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcos

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings fellow wreckers,

Do any of you have any recent trip reports from wreck dives in the North Atlantic? I'm not going to doing my first NJ wreck dive until mid June because I'm still diving wet. I would love to hear some of your adventures plus what conditions are like out there right now as far as viz, bottom temps, etc. I'd like to hear what dive boat you were on and your likes/dislikes about the operation. Once I start my season I'll be sure to share my local dive experiences as well.

Thanks!

Marc

Marcos:
Greetings fellow wreckers,

Do any of you have any recent trip reports from wreck dives in the North Atlantic? I'm not going to doing my first NJ wreck dive until mid June because I'm still diving wet. I would love to hear some of your adventures plus what conditions are like out there right now as far as viz, bottom temps, etc. I'd like to hear what dive boat you were on and your likes/dislikes about the operation. Once I start my season I'll be sure to share my local dive experiences as well.

Thanks!

Marc

Let's see...

Note: All trips on the Dina Dee out of Pt. Pleasant, NJ.

Sunday, April 25th: 2 dives to the Gulftrade. Vis 15-20', but surface vis was much better and a clammer was dragging around the wreck. Bottom temp 41F, 43F at about 30', 45F last 15'. Couple of nice lobster came up and a few nice fish were seen.

Sunday April 18th: 2 dives to the Stolt. Vis 60'+ (yes I said 60'+!). You could see the lift bag at 60' from the bow of the boat. At 70', you could look up and see the boat as clear as day! You didn't even need a light to see the colors of the anemones on the top of the wreck (lots of oranges reds and yellows). Several lobster seen, but left due to eggs. Couple of nice blackfish were seen. Bottom temp was 41F, 43F at the surface.

Sunday April 11th: 2 dives to the Delaware. Vis 15-20'.
Couple of decent lobsters brought up, several more with eggs left behind. Several blackfish hanging around the engine and bow. Some miscellaneous artifacts (or parts thereof) brought up as well. Bottom temp around 41F.

Hope that answers your questions....

Hey you saw my report. Im not going to be back in the water untill I get my Drysuit back with a new zipper. Im looking forward to my next dive (the 22nd) to be some what warm and definatly DRY.

ScubaK-Dawg:
I'm going out on the Dina Dee this Saturday. I let you know how it is.

Not if I let him know first! See ya on Saturday.

Very nice Brian! You're reports were great to read and very informative of the conditions. Wow I can't wait to get out to the Stolt again, especially with that great Viz! I've always noticed great viz in the top and middle water column on that wreck, but down on the bottom it is usually murky. Hmm maybe because that's at 130'! Hey thanks again and it's great to see you are diving so much already. I'll be out there soon.

Marc

Dammit! 70' visibility!? WHY do I have this puking/passing out curse?! I wanna go! I wanna go! :sad:

Sue,

Take some dramamine or get the Transcop patch, they work for me.

Marc

Were it only that simple. I think I will try to to some closer wrecks this summer though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom