NJ Instruction at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AngusNJ

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
anyone know of a dive instructor based in central NJ that does training at Dutch Springs? looking to do AOW in April, but don't want to dive in the Atlantic.

The Lehigh Valley Dive Center is not in NJ, but don't know any reason not to use them. I'm going to do AOW with them in mid May. They are located 1 mile from Dutch Springs, which makes it really convenient.

Kanuku Dive and Travel (http://www.kunuku.com/) is in NJ about 15 minutes from Dutch Springs. I've taken a couple of speciality courses with them and thought they were quite good.

Try Dosils near middletown NJ - Great shop and are located in CentraL NJ another shop I have heard good things about is Ocean Explorers in Edison

They all do the checkout dives at Dutch Springs - It really depends on where in NJ you are

Try your LDS, they either do the AOW there are can certainy recommend someone.

AOW has very little Classroom work. You could easily get the book and then do tho entire AOW at DS in a weekend. This lets you use any instructor rather than limiting you to central NJ. Lehigh Valley Dive center works with a group of great instructors.

Diving DS in April can be chilly. You might want to seriously consider a drysuit, or doing the whole thing in Florida :)

not really crazy about diving the atlantic since to date i have really been a once-a-year vacation diver exclusively in the carribean. i think this year i'll at least do some training dives at dutch springs. also, my wife, who i dive with, probably wouldn't do well with low visibility. she wasn't even crazy about a night dive we did in Saba.

Contact Charlie Firtion at njdivr@comcast.net. He might be willing to do one on one or a very small group up there.

I did my checkout dives with Cedar Grove Divers Supply at Dutch Springs in 1989'... not sure if they are still open/ using dutch springs for the checkouts.

Back
Top Bottom