NJ Dive 2 July anyone intersted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Folks, It was recommended that I also post in here to try and get enough people who may be intersted. Here is some info, I would appreciate a head count of who is interested by the end of this weekend. If there is not enough interest, I will stop pursuing this.

Boat Old Salty two, http://www.olsaltytwo.com/diving.htm, 62 ft boat with emergency O2 and aid kit. Transom exit, the crew will provide soda, water and a Danish, lunch is possible based on the number of divers. Currently the morning of Friday 2d of July is open. Cost per diver is $75.00 we'll need 17 divers to get the boat out of port. Non divers are welcome at $35 per person. There is a deposit required, but
I will need to know who is interested first.

Thanks to Dan for providing Farmers Almanac info:
Farmers Info July 2004
1st-3rd. Showers, rain New England, points south, then clear. 4th-7th. Fair, pleasant. 8th-11th. Showers, thunderstorms rapidly shift east into New England. 12th-15th. Showery weather. 16th-19th. Unsettled. 20th-23rd. A few local thunderstorms New England. 24th-27th. Clear, hot, then local thunderstorms New England. 28th-31st. Showers, thunderstorms.

Based on that, it looks like the 1st weekend in July should be ok for diving.

So who is up for it? Let me know if there is a particular attraction you would like to dive. So far the people who have responded are all flexible.

Email me if your intersted at sylvesterr@comcast.net thanks

Are you kidding! NO ONE!!!
I see 40 views, please tell me you got a few PMs or emails?

Otherwise we need to find a smaller boat.

With the exception of you, Frank, Dan and I, no one else is intersted. So, I have contacted the boat about the possability of 2-4 of us (strap hanging) just filling out the trip if he gets a dive trip heading out on the 2d and has a few seats left.

What about one of the smaller boats?

Tuna Seizure is just a 6 pack. That's who we were going with when we got blown out the first time.

Hummm it may need to be but after that last ride my train of thought is small boat= lotsa motion............ lemme think ...................aaahhh no, I'd rather use a large boat unless the seas are calm and know it before getting on a small boat, and the problem with that is paying in advance and my driving so far to get there.

To me a larger boat even if the seas are choppy willl be more stable but the down side is more people need to be intersted in diving that day.

Yea, I know maybe the regular group of us can get on a small boat if the weather forcast holds out for that weekend. I still wanna try catching a lobster. Or just go to Havre De Grace, Md and do a shore dive looking for bottles and other treasures . Whadda ya think?

Yeeeeeeah lobster.

MD might be cool. Maybe do a weekend. My plan is for possibly a few mini vacations this summer (like NC, maybe St. Lawrence) and then a real (aka tropical, warm water, etc.) vacation in the winter.

Well, come winter I will be where its warm, I am trying to talk Frank in to coming back here for an Ice Diving class since we will both be in Fl then.

sylvester:
Well, come winter I will be where its warm, I am trying to talk Frank in to coming back here for an Ice Diving class since we will both be in Fl then.
I am definately in for ice diving this winter. :D

Back
Top Bottom