nitrox ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
How hard and does anyone know the cost of getting nitrox card in Bonaire ? Have book and CD kit from padi....

Jim....

You could email these guys to see if they'll give you a break on the classroom portion since you've got the materials. Their course looks to be $175. If you can take the class at home I'd really suggest that though. Why waste any of your vacation time doing anything but diving otherwise. Their prices do look pretty competetive though.

Courses

Try Dive Friends Bonaire. We did nitrox there, $130. Took about 3 hrs I think- watch video, take test, done.

How hard and does anyone know the cost of getting nitrox card in Bonaire ? Have book and CD kit from padi....

Jim....

It's pretty easy to do and should cost you way less than $175. We charge $99 and if you have the materials we can give you a break on that... It's a few hours theory and getting to know the equipment and paperwork. No dives included in the course.

Agree with prior post, if you have the kit, just complete it locally before you go. Why spend the time on Bon with taking the test etc.

Bas is the man!!
didn't do the course with him but wish I did.

My recommendation is pick a dive shop close to where your staying. If in the Belnem area, I believe Buddy Dive @ Belmar charges $99 for nitrox certification. Not much to it, they give you some books to read and then you take a test. Did it several years ago with Chrissie over there.

I've done the book work and test a few years ago.. The stuff was never sent in and the instructor let his padi insurance lap.. Was never a big deal because I can't get nitrox within 250 miles.. But it would be great to have for Bonaire .. I'll be down with my wife in a few weeks 9/12 thru 9/25... will message you Bad Noij...
Thanks for the help...
Jim....

Is your book still current? "Bad" Noji will know!! :dork2: With all the time since the class, it will be a redo. If your materials are current, read the book again, etc. As you likely know, Voodoo gas can be free in a package on Bonaire! Have Fun on the trip!!!

Frick'n auto correct.... ITyped Bas and it wrote Bad... He'll get over it.. $100 buck each is not a big deal.. The book/CD kit is only two maybe three years old... So much has changed with enriched gas ... lol... and yes We Will Have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom