Nitrox vs Normal compressed air

Which do you prefer and what do you use.

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have to have seperate tanks for Nitrox and regular compressed air? can they be swapped out pretty easily? Im guessing it makes no difference at all but just want to be sure
Depends on how the tanks are filled. Banked it really doesn't matter, but partial pressure fills do. If you want to keep your tanks o2 clean, make sure to always use nitrox compatible air.

The OP wasn't referring to dives deeper than 200', or even approaching that depth. What I said applied to the dives HE was making. Obviously for deep diving you should use a helium mixture, as I have been doing for over 10 years. Please fit your comments to the facts and don't try to score cheap points.
I'm sorry, when you said this:

I meant, use air for your deep dives, but when you then dive shallower you'll probably need to dive nitrox to stay clear of limits. Re-reading your post that's probably what you were saying anyway.
I didn't realize you meant trimix. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom