Nitrox tank service life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perhaps you should talk to the shop owner and mention how stupid their service man is? Just do it politely, I've found shop owners don't always like to be told that they have hired an idiot.

Particularly if the tank monkey is the favorite son. The future partner of Joe Diver & Son Diving

Richard

Tank testing on Oz must be the most lucrative and profitable job in the diving industry!

You'll never guess which industry had a lot of input into drawing up the standards that require this.

And yes, it's a little painful.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Good to know that its all a load of bs. I have to admit I was a bit worried! Unfortunately the dive shop I normally go to doesn't have nitrox capabilities, but after meeting that guy I might give them a miss when it comes to anything involving equipment. I'm slowly running out of good places to go as another local shop gave my friend soft valve o-rings that both blew in 5 minutes from eachother! I think the girl there gave him the wrong size, cos they just popped right in.
And, yeah in Aus by law we have to get hydrostatic tests every year. Its around 35 AUD per test so it does add up.

Thanks again

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom