Nitrox tables going too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, I spent the first night's lecture on KR 1, Q5 as I believe it is the key to all of scuba diving.

I agree, and that is when I teach deco theory. That way students can learn it in a context that makes sense scientifically rather than when also trying to learn to manipulate a table.

Knowledge Review 1, Question 5

Boyle's Law, although it does not use the name.

It goes into how pressure changes with depth, how that affects air spaces, and how it affects the density of gas within air spaces. Students have to fill out a table showing changes in all areas as depth increases.

apparently if you are given the whole answer you may need to be killed :D

What is wrong with my answer? He just wanted to know what KR1, Q5 is?:D

But if you want to know what Knowledge Review 1, Question 5 is, here you go:

PADI Open Water Diver Course:
5. Complete the following chart for a sealed flexible bag, full of air at the surface.
Depth Pressure Volume Density
0' 1 bar ATM 1 x 1
10m/33' 2 bar ATM 1/2 x 2
30m/99' 4 bar ATM 1/4 x 4
40m/132' 5 bar ATM 1/5 x 5
:)

P.S. Sorry formatting didn't work.

Last edited:
.....New students need be taught how to use a computer to the extent that they are taught the tables. ..... Students should know how to plan dives, access the log feature, and understand the various alarms. All students are taught how to use a BCD and all the features on it, the computer is now standard equiptment for most divers and should be taught accordingly
May I say that I agree? :D

...... One guy on the boat today did not know how to use his computer to plan his next dive. ......
Send him over to DCT :wink:

.........So, when a OW class only takes an hour, to show the student how to set up the kit, tell him/her to "breath through this hose" and while the computer light is Green you're ok, when it turns Yellow start going up, if it turns RED you're screwed. If you want to know why you're screwed, you'll need to sign up for our [-]Tables[/-] DECOMPRESSION THEORY Course. :idk:

Fixed for you :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

.....With a lack of commonness between dive computers, how in the world would one teach how to use them? .....
Invest lots (and I mean it) of US$ to develop a scuba diving simulator .... then work with manufacturers to reverse engineer their dive computers and integrate them into the simulator ..... then use the simulator to recreate virtually dive scenarios and capture those scenarios in videos ..... then assemble those videos into structured online classes and make them available on the web .... then work with certification agencies to create specialty courses for model-specific dive computers ....

Notice: plan to invest into this endeavour lots of US$ and several years of your life :(

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom