Nitrox Spare Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disregarding the argument as to whether or not a Spare-Air is worthwhile, I think a Nitrox one seems a little silly. I wouldn't be worried about extending my bottom time if I was having to use an emergency air source...

Just my 2 baht worth...

give me the cash you would spend on a nitrox spare air and Ill smack you up side the head and say "you could have had a V8"

agreed do a search.... spare air are way small, and if all hell breaks loose and you need the spare air, you REALLY dont give a flying fig about how low your nitrogen loading is at that moment (and pretty much short moment as the spare air is so small)!

edit*** but I'll admit that I thought it would be funny to have 2 really big spare air stickers made and put on my doubles....

Here's some ad type for nitrox spare air:
You're 100 feet down with an equipment malfunction.
You need enough air to get back to the surface.
You need an alternate air source.
You need SPARE AIR.
Do you dive with Nitrox? If so this is the SPARE AIR for you. It is the perfect addition to your Nitrox System, with quick and easy refills from your own Nitrox scuba tank.

Nitrox ready up to 40% EAN
(bold by me)

$300.00

:shakehead:

This should be good:coffee:.

N

If you get like 7 of them @3 cu/ft it might be a good Idea. Otherwise just use the spare air/nitrox in your buddies tank until you can get a pony or double etc...

Edit:
I just looked at the price $300 ea X 7 = $2100

Here's some ad type for nitrox spare air:

(bold by me)

$300.00

:shakehead:

Pretty damn silly stuff!!!!! :rofl3:

OP...please do a search. Spare Air is not a good choice in a redundant gas delivery system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom