Nitrox/Snorkel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL - great thread - but it needs context:
HeadSnorkel.jpg

(actually, this "life-preserver" was patented 6-years after Titanic sunk)
----------------
OK - let's get happy - rumor has it this device, introduced in 1954, mixed nitrox with nitrous oxide. Well it should have.
(Don't hold your breath for the HydroOptix version!)
SnorkAir.jpg

I missed this thread the first time around because I was working on my awesome snork patent:

snorkelpatent.jpg

The Original Oh-Too-Clean Diver,
Bryan

WOW - widows and orphans will panic when someone emerges from the surf wearing that thing! Never mind all its dead-air space, causing real panic attacks from CO2 retention.

Um...Guys? Can we promise to never give historical context, technical diagrams or praise to my threads? We are threatening to shade my comments as more that completely inane. I have a reputation to protect.

Hey, at least no one's said "I'm an engineer."

But back to the OP, it reminded me of a post by Jerry Nuss in 2004.

I went into a shop and they had their nitrox cleaning prices displayed and they had regulators $35, drysuits $30, BC $30. So I asked the owner of the dive shop about it and he told me all these things had to be cleaned and I needed a dedicated regulator. Well the fun ensued for me and I asked him about what happens when I get grass and leaves into my drysuit when I step into it and he said I would need to get it recleaned. He never changed his position and I was quizzing him but he never got what I was saying.​

Maybe they do snorks too, Matt.

-Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom