Nitrox/Snorkel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh... sorry, but the vip and hydro are both out of date on that snorkle. You're looking at about a 3 week turn around unless you pay the special "rush" fee.:wink:

Henryville:
Do you have your certs in order up through advanced deep air? If not, there is no way you are ready for an oxygen clean snorkel. After a few grand in plastic cards...er, further instruction, then you'll be ready for a cleaning package, which will cover mask, gloves, and BC, in addition to the snorkel.

I think you have to get your Cert through the ISA, International Snorkle Association. They have a 40 hour 02 cleaning & Inspection course.

I'm waiting for the new trimix snorkles.

If you want to be really safe; you'll need double snorkles, a manifold, and an isolator valve. And of course you'll have to learn the valve drills. (for a small fee)

aowdan:
just keep eating craker jacks and eventually you'll come a cross the proper cleaning kit.

dano

What a NOOB you are! You shouldn't eat crackerjacks within 22 years of entering a cavern environment. NO snorkel for you!

I do wish he'd post it again, but a couple of years ago Uncle Pug, a helluva diver and great American, posted a picture of a nitrox diver who had neglected to get his snorkel O2 cleaned.

It was hillarious ! ! !

Wish I could find it . . .

the K

Don't listen to these dorks, they're just after your money. Even if your partial pressuring your snorkle this will work fine:
  1. Soak it overnight in Simple Green.
  2. Using a bottle brush scrub it inside and out.
  3. Soak it for another night in Simple Green (must be at night, no light, no moon).
  4. Run it trough the diswasher on "pots and pans" cycle, but no heated drying.
Enjoy.

Thalas, if that dishwasher isn't a whirlpool, then you're going to die.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom