Nitrox/Snorkel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know a good LDS in New England where I can get my snorkel o2 cleaned? :D

Send a $20 PayPal payment to my email address (in my profile) and I will send you a DIY kit.

I'm not sure, Spectrum, the kit you sent me to make my fins nitrox safe hasn't arrived yet.

divermatt:
Does anyone know a good LDS in New England where I can get my snorkel o2 cleaned? :D

Do you have your certs in order up through advanced deep air? If not, there is no way you are ready for an oxygen clean snorkel. After a few grand in plastic cards...er, further instruction, then you'll be ready for a cleaning package, which will cover mask, gloves, and BC, in addition to the snorkel.

Unless you are doing pp blending in your snorkle it doesn't need to be o2 clean. It just needs a big green and yellow bumper sticker on it.

And make sure your snorkel includes a 7 foot long hose. To do otherwise means that you are a careless snorkeler who is just asking to get hurt.

I don't know why you would want to O2 clean your snorkle, when, for a little more money you could attach a rebreather upgrade and extend your snorkling time.

Actually, I heard that as long as you don't use it below 40 feet you don't need to worry about it... however, if you *ARE* gonna' use it, PM me and I'll give you the PayPal info ya' need and *I'll* send you one (ok, it's a 'grey-market' kit... but it works on all models except those with the built in purge valves)... for $10.99 plus 7.50 S/H... I'll beat Spectrum's price by $2.00...

... OR... you can wait about a year... I hear Scubapro is coming out with a digital snorkel that comes 02 clean...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom