Nitrox ready or o2 valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C

cythack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
About to buy my first tank (steel hp80). I am not diving nitrox (yet) and am wondering if I should get the "nitrox ready" or "O2" valve, and why. Thanks in advance for any advice!

My comment was based on the comment that there are no O2 valves in Scuba, I was simply pointing out that there are.
I do partial pressure blending in all my cylinders, and I use the very popular Thermo valves in all of them. I have oxygen cleaned them myself, and I have paid other professionals to do that for me.

So, yes, people use those valves for oxygen, but when you buy them, there is a sticker right on them that says they cannot be used for anything more then 40%, and if you call Thermo, they will tell you there is nothing you can do to them to make them suitable for O2 service. The fact that people use them for O2 does not mean they meet the standards for O2 service.

You can buy this 100% oxygen clean and compatible valve for a whooping 255 euro and as soon as it comes out of the bag it can be used for nitrox or air, who are they kidding?

Attachments

• 5A3A584B-0F64-4CB9-8A26-5079E245741F.jpeg
    5A3A584B-0F64-4CB9-8A26-5079E245741F.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom