Nitrox Mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cue "NCID" and their "Nitrox Poisoning" episode . . .

Careful or this could turn into another deep air thread. For a PO2 held to 1.2 you could dive regular ole air to 155 ffw or for a PO2 of 1.4 you could take air to 187 ffw. Not that I would do that of course. I'm jus sayin.......:D

I am going diving this weekend. I currently have 2 120 tanks filled with 40% Nitrox, and am not anticipating going any deeper than 40 MAYBE 50 feet deep. Is there any concerns I need to be aware of while using this rich of mixture?

it has been awhile since I have dove with Nitrox and am not as well versed with it as I should be there for I asked. I gotta re-read my nitrox book and tables again.

MOD's are important, but.......

How do *YOU* know your cylinders are filled with EAN40?

(There's only one right answer BTW:wink:)

Tobin

Last edited:
I have personaly never used EAN 40 because its just over kill for what I dive typically. I usually dive on 32 percent which allows me to dive to my 90 foot cap. Since I usually only dive 2 dives a day anyway and I am rarely deeper then 60 feet I have never had an issue as to of yet.

I do have to give credit to the OP though. Nitrox is a safe and awesome tool for diving and for the most part safe so long as the guidelines are observed but as with anything that has even a 1 percent chance of being dangerous if in doubt always ask. When it comes to life there are no dumb questions :D

Careful or this could turn into another deep air thread. For a PO2 held to 1.2 you could dive regular ole air to 155 ffw or for a PO2 of 1.4 you could take air to 187 ffw. Not that I would do that of course. I'm jus sayin.......:D

You better not either. You know you will die if you do :D

DOCC!
:hugs:

Not that you should rely solely on a dive computer, but if you need a good one, I have a brand new Oceanic GEO in the box, with full factory warranty that will tell you exactly how deep you can go with 40%. :wink: $250 + actual shipping.

MOD's are important, but.......

How do *YOU* know your cylinders are filled with EAN40?

(There's only one right answer BTW:wink:)

Tobin

Taste test, of course!

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom