Nitrox in Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter31

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of bringing the boat down for the month of August; looking for nitrox fills.

What I'm finding - yes, I did do a search and have called a few shops - is some shops will not fill private tanks - especially if they use a partial fill mix system for their nitrox and are concerned w/ explosions.

I've also encountered expensive ( I think $15 a fill for 32 is expensive)

Any suggestions especially in Islamorada (or Key Largo) would be welcome - thanks in advance

I'm thinking of bringing the boat down for the month of August; looking for nitrox fills.

What I'm finding - yes, I did do a search and have called a few shops - is some shops will not fill private tanks - especially if they use a partial fill mix system for their nitrox and are concerned w/ explosions.
Any suggestions especially in Islamorada (or Key Largo) would be welcome - thanks in advance

Horizon Divers does continuous blend nitrox for $7/fill.
I'm not a fan of their dive operation but their nitrox prices can't be beat in the Keys.

Deepstops is correct that Horizonhas the best prices by far for std 32% Nitrox in the Keys - if you have HP Steel tanks you don't get "great" fills but for the price (in the Keys) it is still the best deal by far.

Quiescence banks 30% and their 10 tank card is a reasonable deal - they fill consistently to 3000psi

Conch Republic has one of the most complete fill set-ups and can take care of you with most tech fills including pure 02.

I have never gotten fills at Silent World but I know that can handle the Tech folks as well.

Ok...same question, in Marathon and below? I'm bringing mine again this year, but plan on doing more deeper dives than last year. (80's worked on most of the dives I did last year, but will not this year)

More than anything else, who can handle DIN valves and HP fills?

Deepstops is correct that Horizonhas the best prices by far for std 32% Nitrox in the Keys - if you have HP Steel tanks you don't get "great" fills but for the price (in the Keys) it is still the best deal by far.

Quiescence banks 30% and their 10 tank card is a reasonable deal - they fill consistently to 3000psi

Conch Republic has one of the most complete fill set-ups and can take care of you with most tech fills including pure 02.

I have never gotten fills at Silent World but I know that can handle the Tech folks as well.

Hey kidsdream, thanks for mentioning us, but we can do more than handle tech folks, we ARE tech folks! Official TDI 5* and GUE dive center offering regular tech trips, training and equipment sales of Halcyon & Hollis. STop in and see us if you are in Key Largo.

Cheers!

I use partial pressure blending and will fill your tanks with up to 100% O2 or He / trimix whatever as long as you have a current VIP (inc O2 clean) & hydro. And a c-card for the gas you are requiring.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom