Nitrox Fill Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Up and running! - congratulations. It's very nice - isn't continuous mixing fun? It's one of those things, like the first time you PP mix nitrox, when you finally actually do it, and say to yourself, "Wow - this is really neat". Then, a little while later, "And it's so damn easy!".
Couldn't quite see in the pictures how you are feeding your downstream analyzer, but the dual readout look very slick.

One thing you are missing is a big green and yellow Analox chart, so you can explain to the unintiated why the upstream and downstream don't always agree 100% :)

Stone once bubbled...
Thanks to the contributors to This Thread.

I've been up and running for about two weeks, and just posted a couple of pictures of my fill station on my website. Station.

I'll add some lessons learned for the small audience that reads this thread.

Probably won't bank until I get an autodrain.

I have a Medical O2 reg that can only supply 5 lpm, so it was inadequate for the mixing reg, and not very good for an emergency O2 tank either. It *is* a perfect supply for the downstream analyzer. I had it on the compressor outlet, but I ordered a block manifold that I will mount on the panel. I'm going to mount the med reg directly to the manifold, along with the gauge and fill whip valve. This will put the fill control, pressure gauge, and analyzers all in one spot at eye level (I didn't care for the gauge and fill valve at the end of the whip).

Stone,

That how I have my setup. I also have a couple of quick connects with valves on the manifold so I can use the same fill whip for any PP blending I might do. It also allows me use 2 different pressure banks.

I have 2- 2400psi T's for air and 4-4500 K's for mix and one air. This way I have to manually connect or disconnect the supply line for each and there is no chance of putting the high pressure bank into the low pressure bank.

I have found a new source for a digital pressure gauge that has 0.25% accuracy and costs $199. This is from a quality manufacturer as well. Let me know if you want the info.

omar

Bauer Oceanus Compressor - $4305 + tax and shipping
Two O2 analyzers - $210
Welding Reg - $60
Manifold Block - $80

The Stik was about $20
Parker QDs were under $20

I also built an O2 whip so I could fill my "D" bottles and a scuba tank.

Pretty hefty up-front investment due to the new Bauer, but my annual nitrox bill was pretty high as well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom