Nitrox feed back.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your reference to the infamous "I am Canadian" beer commercial.. :D

BTW, fellow Canuck, I tend to agree about the Nitrox. (With you too, Mario.) I just find that in drysuit temps that working with students seems to be less tiring with Nitrox. Esp now that the number of training dives has been increased from 2 to 3 dives per day.

The first time I did it I was totally drained. Next time I did it with nitrox and was pleasantly aware of a difference... still alive, eh?! :wink:

~SubMariner~

I prefer Nitrox. I am a middle aged diver and I originally got certified with my son and a group of Boy Scouts. As the one adult with a group of teenagers, I was exhausted by the open water check out dives, simply trying to keep up with the kids. I then took a Nitrox course and went diving with the same kids again. I came out of the water in much better shape.

I've heard Nitrox referred to as "geezer gas" and I think the kids would say that applies to me :) but I'll swallow my pride and use it when it is available.

My suggestion is to take the course, which teaches you information you will find useful regardless. If you find Nitrox affects you positively, then keep using it. If it doesn't then you have learned a few things and you can keep on diving air.

I've been diving since 72, teaching since 78,
Nitrox diving for 3 years and teaching Nitrox 1 year, started trimix diving this year.

I cannot confirm any sort of increased energy level after Nitrox dives or repetitive dives on nitrox.

I can confirm my throat feels dryer on/after nitrox dives. I have no rebreather experience, so I cannot comment.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom