Nitrox Blending - Single Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original post (to which I was addressing my reply) was not measuring his gas with a meter and doing the calculations long hand. On the first tank he *knew* (or at least claimed to know) it was EAN 32. On second dive he *calculated* it was EAN 23. Reguardless of how easy it would be to set the computer, he only *thinks* he knows the gas mix. Setting it at regular air incurs no negative risks and increases his margin of safety (although it is negligible).

I know the limits of what I will accomplish math wise on boat in the sun. The easiest calculation to make is none at all, so calling it air and avoiding the math seems like best solution.
I'm not sure what *xxxxxx*s are for.... But I *know* my air is EAN32 for the first dive as I analyze it after getting it filled.

But I'll probably just set my computer for air on the second and third dive for an added safety margin.. Changing the Mares Puck Pro's settings only takes 15 seconds and the math is about as quick so that's not something I'd consider an issue. Even if it took longer, you have plenty of time when sitting on the shore during your surface interval.

Back
Top Bottom