Nitrox and Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AliKat once bubbled...
The main benifit I found from nitrox is I had more energy after a day of diving nitrox than with air. I also wasn't left with the headaches I used to get after diving. However, I worked on my breathing and now no longer get those with air.

The first issue is often attributed to sub-clinical DCS.

The second issue, as you discovered, is often attributed to the diver. :wink:

cornfed once bubbled...

These claims are based on faulty logic. They neglect the fact that oxygen is also narcotic.

That is unproven. the lipid solubility test only shows it MAY be. is there new test data?

Dee,

Indiana Joe is right. Am referring to the Nitrox table. Sorry for the confusion.

Am not worried about running out of "film." I dive with a digital cam with about 115 shots available. With regular air tables, am able to use up about 50-60 shots/dive. Am wondering if going nitrox will give me a chance to stay longer and end the dive when I run out of "film."

Hory

Hory once bubbled...
Dee,

Indiana Joe is right. Am referring to the Nitrox table. Sorry for the confusion.

Am not worried about running out of "film." I dive with a digital cam with about 115 shots available. With regular air tables, am able to use up about 50-60 shots/dive. Am wondering if going nitrox will give me a chance to stay longer and end the dive when I run out of "film."

Hory

all in all you'de be better searved by takeing a little more time to set up the best composition, ease into position so the fish act natural ect. that way you get photographs instead of snapshots.

i have trouble shooting a 36 exp roll in 2 hours.

Concentrate more on your photography than timing your air supply to coinside with your memory card usage. Work on breathing 'quietly', hovering 'stealthily', and patience. Unless you shoot nothing but wide angle reef shots, you'll have to get close to get the shot. Study the behavior of the fish and creatures you'll be photographing so you'll know how to expect them to act and can anticipate their movements. It's not hard to learn to be in the right spot.

Back
Top Bottom