Nitrox Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cspa33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently got my certification for enriched air diving and my instructor told me that I should get my own analyzer, which I completely understand why I would want my own. Does anyone know of a cheaper, reliable brand or has your experience been fine with using one provided by the shop? I usually just dive on vacations, maybe around 10-15 dives per year so I am not trying to spend $200 on one but obviously will, considering my life can depend on the O2 percentage.

This is a bit more expensive ($350ish), but it checks for CO, O2 and you can use it with your smart phone. I like it.

cotwoo_high_res.png

COOtwo

Shop ones are okay. I use the analox and am happy with it, the dive nav ones like Pete showed are well priced.

Look up divenav.com

Shop ones are okay. I use the analox and am happy with it, the dive nav ones like Pete showed are well priced.

Look up divenav.com

Thank you! I've seen analox a lot and that's what I used for my certification. Was hoping for something under $100 but good to know I can use the shop ones if I need to.

If you own your own tanks, an analyzer is important because before you go diving with those tanks that have been sitting in your garage you will want to analyze them, even if you already analyzed them at the shop where they were filled (days, weeks, or months ago). However, if all your diving consists of showing up at a dive operator and using their tanks for the day, then you could do like what I would estimate the majority of such divers do and use the dive op's analyzer. I dived that way for years before finally breaking down and buying my own analyzer when I started doing more shore diving and bought my own tanks.

Or click on the link in the name to DRIS.
The 350 price tag seemed more than the OP was looking at. I was thinking of their O2 only analyser whose name escapes me now...

Edit. It's the nitrox buddy for smart phone at 200 usd.

Nitroxbuddy - DiveNav Store

PPS no fair Pete, when I replied there was no link just the pic.

The sensor will last two years... you only need to replace the sensor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom