Nissan Rogue commercial with divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering the typical commercial has someone in a shorty on the Northern California coast in a gear configuration that isn't even divable, they didn't botch too much in this one. Add in a little bit of the director not liking the idea of someone spitting out a reg on the surface (that generally isn't appealing to the masses), no brand tie in so they would have to be "generic" regulators, and showing a bit more face adds to the human factor which is a bit of the direction the commercial is heading. Hose routing is garbage, but at least they are there and hooked up. And I have seen more than one person out diving with hoses at least that ugly, so while not great it is realistic.

My whole point is that at least they are considering scuba diving and showing diving related activities in a car commercial featuring various outdoor sports. Even though it’s not perfect, at least we get something. I was worried that diving was becoming just a footnote in history.

What a cool family, that gear is sure sexy, if that's a thing and it's so easy to dive not for the divers of today who don't have a clue that hose reg configuration on the bench is completely different when the tank is worn and the hoses go "over" the shoulders

I'm glad you found the humor in that. I was really hoping someone would catch that.
Everybody thinks all of California is warm water and palm trees, lol.
My wife had an uncle from Chicago that came out here years ago and wanted to go to the beach to go swimming. He made a running dive into the Pacific Ocean and his eyes just about popped out of his head when he hit the water. It was like an instant fast motion film.

Everybody thinks all of California is warm water and palm trees, lol.
My wife had an uncle from Chicago that came out here years ago and wanted to go to the beach to go swimming. He made a running dive into the Pacific Ocean and his eyes just about popped out of his head when he hit the water. It was like an instant fast motion film.

Was he used to Lake Michigan?

I don’t think so, and if he was I’m sure he was expecting it to be brisk.
He made a trip out here many years ago with fabricated visions of what Cali was. In his mind the whole state was palm trees and easy swimming water temps. I’m north of San Francisco and the water many times is in the high 40’s to low 50’s, and there are no palm trees on the beaches.
He was expecting it to be like Santa Barbara and south. The water’s not really even considered warm down there either so I don’t know what people are thinking.

I have been through some of the lakes up there and they do have swimming beaches, water slides into the lake, etc. In the summer when the ice melts away I hear it gets nice. If that was what he was accustomed to I could see how he thought California was a giant episode of Bay Watch.

I know I was a bit surprised how cool the water was in Florida the first time I got in it. First time to ever see the ocean. Thought it would be like bath water. It was spring break. Wasn't that warm. 15 years later I was up in North Carolina at the end of summer. Had to go jump in the ocean. Was expecting a nice chilly water, it was rather warm.

Now you just look that stuff up online.

And what is in the pickup bed in front of the divers? That looks like some sort of underwater craft.

Back
Top Bottom