Nissan Rogue commercial with divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’ve been seeing this car commercial with a clip of what appear to be old school style divers with yellow rimmed oval masks MOF and metal conshelf seconds on a necklace, with yellow webbing harness on what I would suspect would lead to a backpack. I thought the retro visual was kinda cool. Somebody in production obviously knows something about the history of diving or has a good source.
It also shows that a retro look from the golden age has more visual impact (diving mission related) than how modern gear would look.
As divers it’s funny how we spot any little thing relating to diving and take any little tidbit we can get.

It looks bigger, but it is actually smaller by a hair. And they appeared to have sacrificed cargo capacity in exchange for a larger second row for passengers. Which kind of sucks as prior model year was just the right length trunk for AL80/HP100/LP85 scuba tanks.

I bought a rogue in May 2019 (because the frame of my Kia rotted) and first thing I told the sales person was I needed room for our scuba gear. Less than a year latter we started seeing these ads with scuba diving. My wife thinks someone passed our question along.

They made a second commercial showing divers actually in the water with more realistic looking gear.

As someone who participates in Brazillian jiu jitsu, yoga and astronomy as well as diving, this commercial definitely caught my attention.

That being said I went for a Mazda instead because the reviews of the Nissan were not as good haha

They made a second commercial showing divers actually in the water with more realistic looking gear.
"More realistic" is the key term, indeed. I found the bit (0:27) and paused it. That's some funky hose routing. And where's the guy's second stage? I can't imagine standing up and leaving my second stage dangling underwater.

My wife just got a Toyota Highlander AWD Hybrid.
The thing is pretty nice!
I got her old 2002 4Runner which only has 126K miles on it. That’s my new dive vehicle and my pick up is now dedicated to work.

"Oh what a feeling fantastic"

full.jpg

"More realistic" is the key term, indeed. I found the bit (0:27) and paused it. That's some funky hose routing. And where's the guy's second stage? I can't imagine standing up and leaving my second stage dangling underwater.
I don't know about you but I always prefer my octo pointing straight up in the air and trailing behind me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom