Nikon School Relocation to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedtim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking at going to the Nikon School of Underwater Photography on Cayman Brac, but with the closing of the Divi Tiara that changed a few things. I wrote Nikon in February to see what was happening and received this response today.

No intent here to use this as an endorsement, but I thought that there may be a few folks interested.

posted from email:
I am writing this e-mail in response to your inquiry about the Nikon School of Underwater Photography. I appologize for the recent lack of information and communications on this program. Late last year, the Divi Tiara Beach Resort in Cayman Brac ceased operations without notice. We have since made arrangements to relocate the program to Captain Don's Habitat in Bonaire. The program is now ready and in full operation.

Our new location offers a top rated, professional dive and photo operation to support the instructional program. We have worked with the management and staff of Habitat on many occasions, and we feel that this dedicated dive resort offers the best possible location that we can arrange.

The new information about the program is now being loaded on the Nikon web site. Basically, the concept of the instructional program is the same. There are some slight differences in pricing, package features, and dive scedules. This is due to the simple differences between Habitat's dive operation and the former operation in Cayman Brac, and are minor.

There is also a range of prices that are based upon the type of room accommodations and the season. Our seven night dive package for non-photography guests is $899. With a point and shoot digital photography course, the price is $1,199; or with an SLR digital course, it is $1,499. These prices are for the April to December Low season, and are based upon double occupancy in a Villa Ocean View room. Included in the package is:

* Hotel Accommodations for Seven Nights (Dbl. Occ.)
* Round Trip Airport Transfers in Bonaire
* Buffet Breakfast Daily
* Six Boat Dives during the week
* Unlimited Air Fills for Shore Diving
* Tanks, weight belts, lead.
* All Hotel Service Charges; Government Tax and Surcharges
* Six Day Underwater Photography Course
* Use of all Underwater Photography Equipment during the Course

Optional 12 Dive Package: Add $99.

Single Supplement: Add $260.

Other type accommodations are available upon request.

Lunch and dinner is not included in this package due to the abundance of good dining options in close proximity to Habitat and the town. Most guests prefer to have a breakfast plan, but to leave the option open for lunch and dinner.

The Nikon School of Underwater Photography is available every week of the year, dependent upon hotel availability. For reservations and more information, please call at 203-637-5192, or reply to this e-mail at NikonosSchool@snet.net.

Thank you for your interest in the Nikon School of Underwater Photography,

Sincerely,
Frank Fennell
Director

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom