Nikon P5000: OK w/ 4GB SDHC card??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and again, how fast is fast enough? Do I really need blazing speed for what I'm doing? What's a benchmark spec? What do I look for? You're in "the biz" as I recall, and probably get a great deal. What's a good value, as opposed to what's the hottest card? Do you have a link to a site that provides a good education about the requirements?

PS - Oops, sorry ... posted this before I read Jack's second post ...

I am definitely not in any "biz"....I wish I was. If I was I would be able to afford (or at least write it off) a nice big DSLR :D. Nope...mine is the very same camera you are shooting (with a strobe would be about the only difference) and I am only doing it for fun. If I could get paid to dive and take pictures....I would be in heaven. I do however know that beneath the surface, things move quickly...so the money that I spend I do only so I do not miss the "million dollar shot". And that link that I included in my previous post is B&H Photo & Video...available to anyone with a phone or internet. As Jack said, read reviews, ask store clerks if you can try it before you buy it (in the store).....then make your own educated decision. Ultimately, all of the advice in the world means nothing if your needs are different. It is you that needs to be happy with the performance....not us.

No matter what, enjoy and dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom