Nikon P-5000 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for an entry level housing for my point and shoot. I eventually with work my way up to a DSLR but can anyone suggest a housing for the P-5000. The Ikelite is about $200 more than the camera is worth

J

Thanks Livewire.

I did look at them as well.

I was sure there was someone in the Seattle that was making Housings. Oh well

J

I'm looking for an entry level housing for my point and shoot. I eventually with work my way up to a DSLR but can anyone suggest a housing for the P-5000. The Ikelite is about $200 more than the camera is worth

J

go with the ikelite..has a hot shoe attachment for the strobe,others do not.This way you can use ttl strobes .It is a feature that the camera has that if you do not use the ike housing you loose out on.

I have the FP5000 in stock here in Seattle. But I can actually arrange for you to pick it up in Vancouver if you buy through me (no shipping or tax either!). It is an excellent housing, small with 4 metal latches, all metal buttons, 200' depth rating. I've sold lots of them and everyone has a good time. See my website there's some comments from an SB member, as well as a link to the housing manual with more details: FP5000 at OpticalOcean

To get TTL with the Ike housing you have to use an Ike strobe or a housed SB800 with an adapter, btw. It is much larger, more expensive and heavier.

Jack

OH Great you where the one I was thinking of. I had seen your website in the past and wanted to find it again.

Thanks Jack I'll try to convince my Wife I need one

J

Back
Top Bottom