Nikon D80/70s vs Canon EOS 350 D/400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi fellow,

Look for camera Nikon D70s/D80 or Canon EOS 350 D/400 and camera housing.
I got no idea which is good, give some professional advice.
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

Cheers,
Jason

Jason,

You can ask Larry and Pakman about the 350D and Mike V about the D70s/D80. Think the D80 looks good but don't think it will fit the D70 housings. Body less than USD1000. Excellent value. Also, 10+MP. Costwise, I think the 350D/400D is cheaper. If you are starting from scratch (ie no SLR before), consider the Canon. As for me, I have always had Nikon lenses so I kept with the Nikons. Both are good cameras.

Why you say so:huh:
Please advices which is better 70s and D80?
Mike Veitch:
D80.... Canon is crap :l:

both leader please advices :D
Wolverine:
You can ask Larry and Pakman about the 350D

Mike Veitch:
D80.... Canon is crap :l:

:e18:

true true!!!

the d80 is essentially a d200 in a smaller, plastic body. it shares the same 10mp sensor, large viewfinder as in d2x/d200 large 2.5" lcd. only noticeable difference is the 3fps vs 5fps with d200. the d80 hands down chomps the canon

Go into a store and play with both. Both have advantages/disadvantages. Both are greatly improved over the previous models.

Fantasea has very reasonably priced-housings for both the D70 and 350. The cameras themselves are being sold very cheaply right now.

Jack

Jack

Thanks mate...

What you thing 70s and D80....?
Spoon:
true true!!!

the d80 is essentially a d200 in a smaller, plastic body. it shares the same 10mp sensor, large viewfinder as in d2x/d200 large 2.5" lcd. only noticeable difference is the 3fps vs 5fps with d200. the d80 hands down chomps the canon

In fact, I seen 70s is cheaper now in HK, D80 still very expensive "new stuff"
jackconnick:
Go into a store and play with both. Both have advantages/disadvantages. Both are greatly improved over the previous models.

Fantasea has very reasonably priced-housings for both the D70 and 350. The cameras themselves are being sold very cheaply right now.

Jack

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom