Nikon D5100 underwater case at an affordable price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2energycell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I have my old 5100, and I do not want to upgrade it to any other body. Is there any normal case on the market at NORMAL price?
Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for a used housing, you will likely have better luck finding a housing and camera together. The D5100 was never especially popular in the UW world to the best of my knowledge, so finding a housing for it might be tricky. By contrast, the D7000/7100/7200 were very popular, so there are likely numerous used systems out there and these would all be compatible with your lenses.

I should add that building a decent UW system should not start with the camera body. In most cases, it's the least expensive major component of a system. To attempt to build a system around a "rare" (in the UW world) body will likely turn out to be short-sited.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yep, when I bought that one, I was not diving yet.

I have an option to trade in my d5100 now. So should I change it to d7x00? Or there is a better option. I'm not limited on Nikon only, I can try Canon and other cameras as well.
The primary mission is to spend as little cash as possible to achieve a very basic entry-level underwater system.
P.S. I became now a tec diver, so the primary money spend goes now to all the needed tec gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom