Ni'ihau is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a deal for Memorial day weekend? Im trying to preserve the cash stash so I dont have to go back to the desert right away. Any place around we could pitch the tent or any package deals?

well, can't you millitary types get places at Bellows? I guess they fill up way in advance. well, don't go to the West Side with your big mouth. (smile)

I mean all the thievery and all....

Memorial day is a big problem camping. people drinking and fighting everywhere.

I ment on Kauai. W went to Bellows once, K stabed herself opening a package 20 minutes after we got there, spent the evening in the ER trying to explain to those idiots that what they were seeing was not a 1 inch lac but a 3inch deep stab wound. She has a nice scar from it....
Id like to do Niihau soon. Anyone have a back yard I can use for a couple of nights ( on Kauai)? I have a bedroom on Oahu to swap....

so name me a couple or three dive operators to check out for four days diving in november

November is too late for Niihau unforunately. Unless you want to dive in 20-30 foot swells. Most operators do their last trips in the end of September. The majority of the diving is done on the south shore of the island in the winter months. There are 3 operators, Seasport Divers, Fathom Five, and Bubbles Below that are worth diving with. All do a great job. Seasport Divers has a 48 foot pro MAX 16 divers and a 32 foot custom powercat MAX 10 divers - the groups are never larger than 7, and usually smaller. The other operators have small 6 PAX boats. Due to the wind, the seas on Kauai get bumpy, I would want the larger boats so you have a way to get out of the weather and move around during your surface interval. Seasport would be my choice.

Kelp does rule - being from Laguna beach, that's the one thing I miss - its just too d--n cold

Bud, love the video! Monk seals my favorite...I have to get over there soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom