Night Dive Trip Report for 7/13/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB104

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Five divers went out on the Blue Fathom to the Deleware wreck. Mike, Scott, Joe, Joe, and Howard made the trip, with Gary as the Mate, and Capt. Tony at the Helm. This wreck is just a few miles off Point Pleasant, NJ, and we could see the lights at Jenkinson's Pier.

Calm sea's and NO current made for some nice conditions. Viz. on the bottom was at least 20' and there was lots to see. Bottom temp. was 55 degrees at 70' on my computer. We saw some huge lobsters just south of the boilers on the west side of the main wreckage, but they wouldn't cooperate and jump into our bags. I got to use a super cool "deep water systems" 10 watt HID light for the first time. It made a huge difference. Gary went in to pull the hook and came up with three keeper bugs. It was a super night. The Scuba Connection has night dives planned for Wed. nights through the summer.

Did I mention that I suck at catching lobsters?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom