Night Dive 13 Nov Laguna, Palo Verde, Malibu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Who wants to go diving Saturday night about 6:30 or 7:00 pm?

Location Deadmans Reef in Laguna Beach. Just keep in mind I will be leaving Los Alamitos between 4:00 to 5:00 pm. and have to drive there so time will be determined by traffic and distance.

Lets go diving. Give me a call and leave a message as I will be unable to answer my phone most of the day, but will check messages from time to time. SCUBA gear will be with me so that is not problem. Objective Lobster.

Melvin Pasley
(562) 421-3094

Hopefully I'll be diving with the wrinkles pre-scout crowd in Laguna tomorrow afternoon. If it works out, I'd be thrilled to stick around for a night dive. Give me a call at (909) 376-4538 if you decide to head that way. I'll take your number along, too.

Scot

I will be calling. Tanks in the car. I will head for Laguna just as soon as I can. We are normally released between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. That puts me in Laguna Beach approximaly 1 hour after that. I will park at the South Entrance to Crescent Bay. Trust me when I say I will be easy to spot.

Hey this would be my first post, but a good one i think.

I'd like to join you. I'm going to give your number a call at 45 if there is no reply on the board by then. hope to talk to you soon.

_Yuki

Viz was reported at 10-15 feet by Laguna Sea Sports this morning, but they've been lowering it all day. They're saying 8-10 now and I talked to someone else earlier this afternoon who said 6-8 ft. These conditions probably aren't going to be worth the drive (for those of us who have to drive). I wonder if it is related to the big tide we had today.

Scot M:
Viz was reported at 10-15 feet by Laguna Sea Sports this morning, but they've been lowering it all day. They're saying 8-10 now and I talked to someone else earlier this afternoon who said 6-8 ft. These conditions probably aren't going to be worth the drive (for those of us who have to drive). I wonder if it is related to the big tide we had today.

i've had some of my best dives in low-vis. it's a great time to check caves, cracks, holes, and crevices for hiding critters, with a dive light. but it might be less fun at night.

but then again, some of my best dives have also been high-vis.

scott

I don't mind much during the day, but I figured it would just be a big pain in the butt at night. It seems like bright lights and lots of particulates would not be a great combination. Did I figure wrong?

ybuda:
Hey this would be my first post, but a good one i think.

I'd like to join you. I'm going to give your number a call at 45 if there is no reply on the board by then. hope to talk to you soon.

_Yuki
Sorry we missed you. I had to leave home at O'Dark thirty this moring and did not have computer access all day. I was planning to drive directly from work to the dive site. But with Scott M's reprots, we scrubbed the dive. Perhaps another day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom