Who put the Verde in Palos Verdes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We leave for Vancouver Island next weekend but it shouldn't be much different than we've had at home lately. The dark, green water remains around Palos Verdes. I wanted to get in some wide angle practice again but with conditions the way they are it is like shooting wide angle at night.

Haggertys%202_zpszu7yltfe.jpg

Haggertys%204_zpsvt4qltki.jpg

Haggertys%2019_zpsaxykghvk.jpg

Haggertys%2024_zpsafwlp2d9.jpg

The crane off Haggerty's was full of life today. Merry found a rock with ten Ancula gibbosa on it. Two Harbor seals found us, one even tugged on Merry's fin. It wasn't me this time. The school of black croakers is still here but the seals kept scattering them each time I tried to get a shot.

Haggertys%2023_zpsjr9givrg.jpg

Haggertys%2022_zps4eyutwxg.jpg

Haggertys%2016_zps3uu7njcy.jpg

Haggertys%2012_zpsk6wrugxr.jpg

Haggertys%209_zps16qmxdw6.jpg

Haggertys%208_zpsxnzl9grr.jpg

Haggertys%2014_zpsbthc7kil.jpg

Haggertys%2021_zpsoasbudxg.jpg

It's mating time for spiny lobsters. The large ones are getting active. If the big boy in the crane mount is still here in two months he may end up in someone's kitchen.

Haggertys%205_zpslzaeo1ak.jpg

Haggertys%206_zpsvrzrsi1i.jpg

Water was 55° with a dark ten feet of visibility. The wind was already creating waves and whitecaps at 9:45 so we skipped the second dive.

Great photos! I can hardly wait for you to leave so we can see your Vancouver underwater shots! Very different conditions than what we had yesterday for a shore dive at Deer Creek. No green water, not much surf, no wind, lots of kelp to play in, and tons of sea life. Only a couple of lobster hiding in their holes, and all were small. The predicted surf showed up again when I checked conditions this morning - lots of happy surfers but not going to happen for shore diving

I know this is off subject, Can I get a link to Kelp Crap Productions. I want to use your video of marine land when not to go in. One of the best ever.

Hi Phil,

Can I get a link to Kelp Crab Productions... I want to show students the video of Marine land,

But where do I find that Marine Land video from years back? I looked for it on your you tube and your instgram.

Back
Top Bottom