Nigerian Waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobrane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Friends of Africa, good day!

I'm an expat living in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm trying to find some people with a bit of experience diving the waters down here. The current is usually very strong, waters are dark green / grey, pollution is barely letting us see the water... But there are tons of wrecks laying around, so on a calm day where current is mild it can be interesting.

Not sure many (any?) people have dived in Nigeria for pleasure, but I know there are quite a few pro-divers working with oil majors and other upstream companies.
Would be nice to share your knowledge, the more I can scrounge the better prepared my buddies and I will be.

Thanks!

Hi, we are 3 expats and just arrived here, are there any dive oporators in Lagos? Thanks

Unfortunately no.
Nigeria is like a virgin island when it comes to this... Divers just need to get organized I guess, and one day maybe it will flourish! :D

HI i'm looking for an internet link or some coordinates for any wrecks near lagos nigeria for exploration.

Don't think there's any! Everything is still to be discovered / organized.
I'll try and post the info on the places I dive there, perhaps we can all do the same and who knows, one day be able to compile some sort of guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom