Nicest dive resort in puerto galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seabass

Reaction score
What is the nicest dive resort in puerto galera? I know that there is probably nothing equivalent to the makati shangri-la, but what is the nicest?

from general feedback it's atlantis or el galleon... i've stayed in el galleon and found it very comfy with a great dive op... although from what i've seen atlantis has better rooms overall

i hear coco beach is also pretty good

Jag

seabass:
What is the nicest dive resort in puerto galera? I know that there is probably nothing equivalent to the makati shangri-la, but what is the nicest?
I'm going up to Puerto Galera next week for 10 days, staying at El Galleon. I'll let you know how it and the diving rate when I get back.

Atlantis has nicer room but in a bad location. Sabang Beach is pretty crowded, full of rather sleazy bars ( in my opinion). El Galleon is comfortable and clean but not exactly luxurious. It is on La Laguna Beach next to Sabang Beach, much more quiet in my opinion. Portofino (sp?) a little bit further down the beach from El Galleon looks ok from outside and the food is a bit better but I don't really know what the room looks like. Coco Beach looked nice but I only saw it from the boat, never been inside though.
Dive Operator wise, Atlantis and El Galleon are both excellent.

seabass:

I would have to agree with ssra30 comments as I have just returned from Galera. I stayed at Atlantis and yes the rooms are fantastic, but with the location ssra30 speaks of (It may be to your liking).

I spent alot of time with the operators of Oceana and will definatly be heading there next time I go to Galera these guys are a pleaure to be with and make the holiday and experiance well worth the trip.
http://www.oceanadive.com/index.html

seabass:
I was at El Galleon last week for a week and find it a much cleaner and quieter place to stay and relax.Atlantis may have nicer rooms but is located too close to the noise and sleaze of Sabang Beach.The dive op at El Galleon,DiveAsia is a well organise and safe dive outfit.Depending on what ambience you like,both El Galleon and Atlantis are considered very good dive resorts.Fredi.

I'd go with El Galleon. Yes Atlantis has nicer rooms but El Galleon has a better location.
It's right next door to the jointly owned Asia Divers who have some top notch instructors and their own pier so getting in and out for dives is easy. The hot towels and hot showers after the dives add to the comfort factor and, if you want to relax with a drink at the end of the day, you could do a lot worse than going to the point bar which is right over the dive shop and looking out over the sea. I've been twice and look forward to the thrid visit :)

As many others have stated, El Galleon has best location, great group of instructors and staff, the pier and most importantly The Point:beer_yum:....but I'm prejudiced and will be arriving there tomorrow night
11ztongue.gif
for Holy Week!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you at The Point!
:cheers:

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom