Nice video about the Farallon Islands Marine Sancuary.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You would not want to do it live boat. You want divers to surface right at the boat by coming back up the anchor line.
You do need to have a second boat ready to go pick up anybody who doesn't surface next to the boat. And
the divers are unlikely to get onto the reef without an anchor line to go down. And if they get off the reef, they are
quickly out into the blue.

The Farallones are not an adventure, they are an expedition. It requires a good deal of planning and the right team.
There only maybe a dozen divers I'd go out there with.

When Kawika and I were going out there, we had a set of procedures. I don't seem to have a copy on this computer. I'll
be back home tomorrow and see if I can scare up a copy.

Note that some portions are now closed to entry by the MLPA. For diving, this is most notably the Isle of St. James.

Chuck

You would not want to do it live boat. You want divers to surface right at the boat by coming back up the anchor line.
You are correct, and what I meant was two teams taking turns diving, with someone capable of driving the boat onboard. Like you we usually dive off our boats leaving no one board. Not something I would do at the Farallon's. Sounds like you take it one step further and have a second boat for recovery. Not sure how much that is needed with only one team in the water at a time? Most anyone I would dive with there, knows how to launch an SMB from depth, along with running line.

Most anyone I would dive with there, knows how to launch an SMB from depth, along with running line.

Line? or did you mean GWS Floss? :D

Line? or did you mean GWS Floss? :D

ROTFLMAO :rofl3:

Ben, I appoint you as our official shark hygienist. It will look good on your resume, along with being a crab-boy. You are also one of the people I would happily jump in the water with as a buddy at the Farallon's!

Finally got to see this one. Same browser, no changes as far as I know (FireFox 11). Tanks for sharing! Great vid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom