nice find at venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
look at this nearly perfect hemi that i found at alhambra yesterday. found in 19 feet of water, 310degrees from the pipes. a crab dug it up and deposited it right outside its hole. well i tryed to upload photo 7 times but "upload failed" so ill have to describe it the root is 1 inch. the length is over an inch .98 % perfect tooth all the serations are there.

rebelmandziukan:
look at this nearly perfect hemi that i found at alhambra yesterday. found in 19 feet of water, 310degrees from the pipes. a crab dug it up and deposited it right outside its hole. well i tryed to upload photo 7 times but "upload failed" so ill have to describe it the root is 1 inch. the length is over an inch .98 % perfect tooth all the serations are there.

age 5 = wanna know everything
age 18 =think you know everything
age 30 = realize you dont know everything

what happens at age 50?

You have a 12 year old kid who thinks she knows everything. :D

Sounds like a good one, what is the vis like down there? I have been wanting to go hunting for the teeth, but don't know anything other than what I have read here.

Chris

1amphibian:
Sounds like a good one, what is the vis like down there? ...

Chris

The nominal range is 3-10 ft vis with 3 more common than 10. Today vis was about 3 feet out beyond the sand, with an onshore wind and choppy surf, at 10am. Inside the bar you couldn't see your forefinger from your thumb.

It's rare to scratch a morning dive here in summer, except during gales. One great thing about Venice beach diving: it's is just as nice a dive for diver fossils as it is for fossil divers, and noobs.

Here's a great primer if you haven't already read it...
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=126440

lol @ron vis this time of year is 0 on the sand bar but after you get out there its 3 to 5 feet

Ok so just a simple question here then, are there any problems with Bull Sharks because of the bad vis? I know they are all over the place in the Bay up here. I fly low over the bay all the time and there are more of them here than I think people realize.

Don't know the story down there so I thought I would ask.

I've had lots of low/no-vis dives there at VB, and never had a problem with the bulls. I know they're there, but they keep to themselves. I did, however, get brushed by a large tarpon once. 0 vis, tarpon and birds feeding, I figured it was time to get out of the water.

One thing I do, though, especially when the vis is bad is to wear at least a black skin or full wetsuit. I don't know if it helps, but i figure it makes me look less like a fish flashing.

1amphibian:
Sounds like a good one, what is the vis like down there? I have been wanting to go hunting for the teeth, but don't know anything other than what I have read here.

Chris

Viz varies from zero (can't see you hand against your mask) to 30 feet. Averages about 6 feet. Yesterday, the viz was about 10 feet, today it was 6 feet. A couple great days!

rebelmandziukan:
if you go to (www.photobucket.com) and down load your picture there you can then just drag it right on into scubaboard, the board gallery is still down so you can not upload pictures, photobucket is free and works soooo great!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom