NH Fort Stark waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hear say from an old buddy about a year back reporting that a couple vessels were tied up side by side to the dock on the upstream side taking up most of the surface area between the pier and the homeowners wooden dock? She said that signs saying the parking was only UNH and residents only had been put up at the parking at the foot of the pier as well? I hope she is wrong :) It was a great little dive and my wife actually would go in the water there :p She actually found some intact clay pipes in the rocks and seaweed and because of that she said it was one of her most enjoyable dives ever.....hate to not be able to take her back there :(

I go over there a lot as I have been hanging out at New Castle year round for the past year trying to learn the area. I am sure there were vessels tied up there as he said, but personally I haven't seen them. The cove is pretty much always empty except for the resident boats moored up. Any large boats recently have been tied up to the pier and only stayed temporaily. I haven't seen the new research vessel yet. There are new signs in the parking lot. I looked at them yesterday - they say parking on the right side is for UNH business only. Parking on the left side is for the public except from 9pm to 6 am when a resident sticker is required. There is a sign that says No Beach Parking but that probably refers to the beach between the pier and the USCG Station. The CG doesn't like you over there and you can't dive there, but you probably already know that - it's been that way for a long time, esp. since 911. There are no signs forbidding diving.

This is a new pier that UNH completed a couple years ago. FYI - there is a nice public bathroom in the new UNH Marine facility that is a great place to change and it's right near the pier.

I'd like to dive it with you sometime. I haven't been in there because I usually dive alone and I am very careful not to put myself into dangerous situations. I don't trust the currents in there or all the mooring ropes. Come out some time and I'll give you a poor man's tour of Fort Stark and you can show me Salamander Point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom